Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 2 : Get your Craft on

Are you planning a handmade Christmas this year? I always love the idea, but it usually falls by the wayside when I find myself half-way through December with not enough hours in the day to accomplish all that I had dreamed up. Like the 5 Christmas stockings I have planned for this year. I'll be lucky to get one of them done. Perhaps this post would be more fitting for next July?

But, if you are more adventurous than myself (and not battling the never ending head-cold and exhaustion), perhaps you will find these projects perfect for someone on your list this year. You should be able to complete any one of them in just a few hours of uninterrupted time. I will be so jealous!

1. Adorable Softie Scottie Dog pattern by Jenny B Harris at Allsorts.

Photobucket

2. And of course my favorite, the Softie Doll tutorial by Nicole Owens. These take me about a week to make (1-2 hours a day). I still have yet to make my girls their own. I'm thinking for their Easter baskets this year. *sigh*

Photobucket

3. Sweet Penny Pockets pattern by Monica at Happy Zombie.

Photobucket

4. Jona's super easy Apron in an Hour tutorial over at Stop Staring, Start Sewing. I made 3 of these last year and they really are that easy. Jona makes it even easier on you with her handy dandy apron kits.

Photobucket

5. And her easy peasy Pillowcase is super cute. Pick out some fun character prints for kiddos. I made two for bringing to the hospital when Sam was born, they are now on the girls' beds.

Photobucket

6. The super practical Crayon Roll. My girls LOVE theirs.

Photobucket

7. Make a cute little Lined Zippered Pouch for a make-up bag (fill it with goodies). I would applique a little monogram on there too.

*I just found this new tutorial for a zippered pencil/make-up case too. Looks even easier than the one pictured here!

Photobucket

8. If you have a nursing Mama on your list, my Nursing Cover-up is a snap to make with my long step-by-step instructions. An oh-so-practical gift.

Photobucket

9. I had no idea how easy these Sock Monekys were to make. I think I saw the original sock monkey socks at Michael's too.

Photobucket

10. And every little boy needs a Super Hero Cape. Sam will be getting this next year.

Photobucket

Now, off to the fabric store with you. I'll meet you there. Maybe.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'll be making capes and crayon rolls. There are aprons on my list too, I bought a pattern but may switch to the one you mentioned. Thanks!

Young Adventures... said...

SO cute!! I'll stick with baking and candy making. I wish I was more crafty though! Have fun!