Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 8 : Glittery Christmas House in a Jar

Photobucket

Have you ever wondered how to make those sweet little paper houses, all covered with fake snow and glitter? I think I first really fell in love with them while reading the blog of Amy Powers. I always marveled at how she made such adorable little scenes and wondered where she finds all those sweet little miniatures for her Sugarville line.

Then, I happened upon this post by Courtney of Red Heads Craft More Fun (what a great name!) and the wheels started turning. Maybe I can take Courtney's technique, add a little more Google power (to find the miniature pieces I long for) and come up with something of my very own.

I see a LOT of glitter in my future.

1 comment:

RedHead said...

Get ready for your house to look like a bunch of glitter fairies were up to no good!! I am still finding glitter on my face, on my dog, in the kitchen...etc! Thanks for the post and good luck with your project. From, Courtney @ Red Heads Craft More Fun