Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 12: Dreamy Hot Cocoa

Oh me, oh my! If you love chocolate, then you have to make this. It's seriously better than anything you'd get at a coffee shop. You won't have to brave the cold weather or fork over your life savings for it either. You can make it whenever you like and chances are you have everything you need already in your pantry/fridge. It'ss ridiculously easy to make. You will never go back to Swiss Miss again.

Photobucket

Dreamy Hot Cocoa
⅓ cups Cocoa Powder
⅔ cups Granulated Sugar
⅓ cups Boiling Water
6 cups Milk (whole If You Have It)

Add boiling water to cocoa and sugar, in a saucepan. Whisk until fully combined. Then bring to a boil. Lower heat and add the 6 cups of milk until scalded. Don’t let it boil or it will get a yucky skin on top. Keep warm on the stove. Makes 6 cups.

Garnish options: whipped cream, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, mini Andes mints.

*For a printable version of this recipe, find it here at Tasty Kitchen.

4 comments:

Nancy B. said...

Ohh I made this just the other night...my hubby wanted hot chocolate & I searched the pantry high & low for some hot cocoa mix...well we had none! And I could tell her was rather disappointed so I decided to make it from scratch with cocoa & yes I don't think we can over go back!! I even kept the leftovers in the fridge overnight & it was just as good the next day! YuM!

By the way my mom got that cupcake ornament at a local gift shop by her house in Houston.

Angel said...

Yippee...I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's 20 below windchill here today so i will be making it this afternoon while we make sugar cookies. Yum!

And thanks for the info about the ornament. I need to get out and about and see what's available here.

Linda said...

Okay, you guys. The Bierbaum's grew up making cocoa from scratch. No Swiss Miss at our house! I seem to remember Bill being involved, too.

I've trained my boys in the art of hot cocoa, but they occasionally slip in the fake stuff.

Linda said...

Oops, I've been down south for a long time, as you can tell from my possessive name spelling instead of plural. Sorry.