Saturday, November 14, 2009

Water for Christmas

Photobucket

Every day 4,500 mothers bury their children due to contaminated water. They are forced to sustain the lives of their family with a diabolical liquid that contains both life and death. The lack of access to clean water is recognized as the leading cause of death in underdeveloped nations.

Isn't that just hard to fathom? Clean water...I know I take it for granted, I just expect it. But on another continent, that is far from reality. Imagine having to walk for three hours just to fill up your 10 gallon jug with this. To have to bring this back to your family to bath in, to cook with, to drink.

Photobucket

For just $10, you can provide clean water to one person in Africa, for 10 years. TEN YEARS!!! That's just two trips to Starbucks. Let's trade consumerism for compassion and buy Water For Christmas in West Africa. Just $5,000 will provide a well for an entire village.

Photobucket

All donations are tax deductible and go directly to charity: water, who then takes 100% of our donations straight to clean water solutions. You can follow the specific campaign happenings at water4christmas.com.
And read how they are able to use 100% of our donations for digging wells.

You can donate directly here. Or, you can help Erin fund a well for 250 people here. And please read more about it here, here and here. They say it better than I ever could.

You know my first gift has already been bought, so this will be my last, and most important gift this year. Won't you join me?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I cannot fathom what a mother must feel in her heart when she's forced to give her babies water she knows may very well kill them. No mother should have to feel that pain. I'm inspired so many have joined to make this campaign work. Together I know we will make a difference! And that just feels good :)