Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Need some motivation to get moving?

I know I do!



Sorry for the long absence here at the ol' blog, but I've been seriously in need of motivation and sleep. We celebrated Sam's 1st Birthday last week and I will share that soon, I promise. But in the meantime I had a bad case of I'm sick, I'm tired and I don't feel like doing anything. Ever have days (or weeks) like that? I think this whole sleep deprivation thing is taking a huge toll on me/us. Allison has been waking up multiple times every night. We've tried EVERYTHING, except dropping their nap. Thanks Amy for that idea! I'll let you know how it goes. We are on Day 1!

So, last night my pal Amy and I went to "Fashion Sewing Club". She found out about it a while back and decided that I needed to go with her. :) Amy is my one "sewing" friend that's local. Just 10 minutes away! Oh how I wish we had more time to take advantage of that. But it will happen in a few years. I can just see us getting together for a few hours every week and picking each others brains in person (not just through e-mail) while all 5 of our kiddos are in school. Won't that be the life?

Well, last night we ventured way...way...way across town to Treadle Yard Goods, on Grand Ave in St. Paul. As we pulled out of her driveway we thought how funny it is that our "girl time" is getting together and going to a sewing "show-and-tell" with a bunch of ladies. Hehehe...aren't we adventurous? We had so much fun looking at all the wonderful fabrics that Treadle carries. Nothing like JoAnn ...they've got cashmere and Japanese imports! And their corduroys were to-die-for. While we were sitting in the little class, we both looked across the street and realized that neither of us had eaten dinner, and that Green Mill Pizza would be the perfect place to pour over Amy's latest project (a Feliz dress).

Just as I was settling in and thinking about how yummy pizza would be, the power went out. Not only was it our building, but the lights were out at Green Mill too...RATS!!! We tried to keep the meeting going by moonlight and cell phone light in case the power came back, but it didn't. There was much laughter, especially as the next garment to be shown was black. It was really quite a fun night. It was our side of Grand Avenue, up and down the street and it was kind of eerie to walk back to my car without any street lights. Thankfully we found a pizza place close to home. We stayed until closing, we are such rebels, I tell ya! I haven't had that much fun in quite a while.

Thanks Amy for the adventure! You are SO much fun. And if I had a picture of you I'd put it right here. Next time I might just have to bring my camera. :)

2 comments:

stellarose said...

I can't wait to see what kind of crazy adventure we have next time we venture out. I giggle every time I think about Laurel "showing us" her jacket in the dark! Hilarious!

Amy

Kim said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I don't have any sewing friends in the area and actually was thinking about a blog post on the topic...I may just need to get writing!