Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving thanks

Emily: "I am thankful for God that made the whole world." (right on little girl)

Allison: "I am thankful for candy and Boppa & Kiki (my parents)." (ah yes, the ever present "candy")

Me: I am thankful for a husband, who after finding out that 3 out of 5 of us are so sick that we had to cancel our plans tomorrow, called to say that he would stop by the grocery store tonight and buy a turkey and all the trimmings so we can have our own Thanksgiving feast at home. I have the BEST husband ever!

It took some convincing to tell him that all turkeys are sold frozen and they take about 4 days to defrost. So he'll be picking up the ham I bought, and have been storing in my parents extra fridge, instead. Yep, ham for Thanksgiving and turkey for Christmas this year. It's all good. Just hope we aren't too miserable to go chop down our own tree on Friday as planned.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey! Just catching up on blogs...sorry you guys were feeling so crummy for thanksgiving :( Hope you're all feeling better now!

I'm grateful for so many things...most of all my two little munchkins!