Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Great Pumpkin Patch

Photobucket

If you live anywhere near the Twin Cities, you should make your way to Marshall's Family Farm in Eden Prairie. It's kitty-corner from our Church and at the corner of Pioneer Trail and Eden Prairie Road (County Rd 4). This place is G O R G E O U S! They've done a lot of sprucing up even in just the last 2 years. We skipped it last year, but we won't be making that mistake again.

Photobucket

Here's why...

Photobucket

The cutest, ugliest gourds.

Photobucket

White pumpkins...kind of spooky.

Photobucket

I wish I had taken some photos of the produce on the tables. The onions looked amazing. What a difference it makes to buy local instead of having your food shipped/flown in from who-knows-where. I think I'll do our fall vegetable shopping here while they are still open. So convenient to run over after Church.

Photobucket

Inside this little house are homemade jams and pickled vegetables as well as some cute fall decorations. I really had to hold myself back.

Photobucket

They sell bales of hay and dried corn stalks too. I couldn't resist this fun backdrop. Sam wasn't sure what to do so he lasted, standing up, all of about 2 seconds. No time to get the "perfect" photo but this is still pretty cute.

Photobucket

I love knowing that our patronage is helping a local farm survive. Even though these cost a little more, I'd much rather spend our money here than just pick up the pumpkins outside our grocery store.

My boy loves to throw himself backwards. It was his favorite game to play today.

Photobucket

Proof that I was there too...hehehe.

Photobucket

Look who's standing!

Photobucket

Soooooo BIG!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Best sisters.

Photobucket

One of the many tackle-tickle fights that happen at our house.

Photobucket

I whipped up their cute tees just before Church today. I can't wait to make the rest of the coordinates to go with them. I used the back of the wall stickers from their room as templates for the appliques.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Fall Y'All!

6 comments:

Kacey & Kandy said...

So so cute!! We have NOTHING like that little store in Florida!! The kids look adorable as always! Love the little appliqued shirts. Where did you find that brown one? :-)

Angel said...

Thanks Kacey! The brown tee is from TCP. They had lots of colors just a couple of weeks ago.

Jessica said...

The pic of the girls sitting by the front door is def. frame worthy!! It would look so cute in their newly decorated room :) And that one of the three of them among the pumpkins just makes me giggle - you can feel the brotherly/sisterly love!

holly_rapley said...

Hey, we could have gone with you! I'm looking to take some fall pictures again - we go to Emma Krumbees usually, but this year I'm thinking of going Sever's corn maze. Since it's so convenient, maybe we'll check out yours - right by preschool.

Stacy said...

We usually have just gone in the field on old 212/Pioneer, but this year it is GONE. Darn that airport! I rather have the kids go in a field and pick them out, but I know Marshalls has some good produce over there.

Fortunately they were able to do the picking this weekend at a friends house in WI. Of course, I wasn't there at the time so no pics. :(

Kori said...

All the pics are so cute! Love the pic of you and Sam! Mom gets left out of most pics LOL