Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Enjoying Fall

Last night, we almost missed the sun and we have almost missed fall all together. Somehow, between bouts of sickness, obligations, rain and snow, the leaves have almost disappeared. Bare trees are starting to take over the landscape. I'm so thankful we were able to take a walk along our favorite trail last night and find this gorgeous backdrop.

Photobucket

They gave me lots of goofy grins and a first for me was the closed eyes (she takes after her mother).

Photobucket

I blame the peanut gallery behind me for this one.

Photobucket

These girls truly love each other. I love how they've started not just calling their sister their best friend, but they have also dubbed me their "best" Mommy.

Photobucket

They were quite taken with pointing out all the droppings on the trail. Yep, I reeled them back in quickly after I noticed that.

Photobucket

Looking at the screen, on the back of my camera, failed me a bit this time. I thought I had many more good shots than I actually did. Especially of this little one. I even had her sister sit for me one last time to even things up and make sure she had enough good ones too. Wouldn't you know, only these two turned out for Emily and I got a bunch of Allison. That fairness thing will always be tough I think.

Photobucket

This sweet girl is full of questions. David stayed home to care for all four of us (double ear infections for all kiddos, etc...) that were sick the past 5 days and he said "Does she always ask so many questions?" Yes, and more!

This is one of my favorite shots of the night.

Photobucket

Oh that pouf of pink and those stripe tights. I love it!

Photobucket

Pure Allison. Pure joy. Unless she's upset, then watch out. ;) This girl feels things with her whole body, she is very expressive. She is my little firecracker.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also a favorite shot of the night. Love the close-up of those chocolate brown eyes. She gets them from her Dad and I love that. I fell in love with David's eyes way back in 7th grade telling my mom he had "puppy dog" eyes.

Photobucket

Thank you for coming on such a fun walk with me last night. And girls, now those tutus are yours to play with anytime you want! No more saving them. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So sweet and SO fun with those pink tutus!!! I think you got a bunch of good ones...the one of Emily and Allison hugging is my favorite...just like the pumpkin farm...I think you need to start a gallery of "hug" pictures :) BTW, Grace is wearing those same tights today and they make her (and me) smile!

Jenn said...

GREAT JOB!! Super cute photos and even cuter little girls. What a fun memory you have made for them!!

take a bow Jenn