Sunday, August 2, 2009

If the shoes fits, have a fit

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

We took the girls shoe shopping today and found these adorable tennies for fall. They have outgrown all of their shoes except for crocs and open-toe sandals which won't get them very far in a Minnesota winter. Somehow they went from size 7.5 straight to a size 9. I was tickled to find these adorable little rubber soled and toed shoes at Tarjet Boutique today. They are knock-offs of the ever popular Tessa Mary Janes by Morgan and Milo, but for half the price.

I started by laying out the three choices and asking the girls separately which color was their favorite. Allison chose pink and Emily chose navy. Then I asked them 5 different ways hoping that one would waiver and give me a different answer. Not once could I get them to choose the brown pair. Then I resorted to begging and pleading David to let ME have the brown shoes. "But they don't come in your size" he says (hardy har har, Mr. Smartypants), "they won't ever wear them, they chose the other colors." Ugh!!! There was no way I was leaving that store without the brown ones too. I had already designed 2 dresses and 2 blouses, using my leftover Anna Maria Horner Chocolate Lollipop fabrics, in my head. I even resorted to hiding them in the stroller before I finally said "I know, they can come out of my miscellaneous money!"

Meanwhile, as I was creating my own drama, Emily was making some with this pair of pink, princess glitter shoes. There was no way she was leaving the store without them. I asked her if the cute tennies fit well and she said "no, just the princess shoes fit." Later, David found her stuffing the princess shoes into the wrong box and putting them in our stroller, telling Daddy "There are no princess shoes in here, just regular shoes." Oh boy, sound familiar?

Happily we both walked out of the store with the shoes we wanted.

7 comments:

Marcia said...

I loved those too from the moment I laid eyes on them! I tried them on Audrey about a month ago but her feet were too hot - I'll have to try again with socks... I was so disappointed that they didn't fit at that time.

I was eyeing the brown ones too! Luckily I can still pick hers out for her.

You have some sneaky little kiddos! Love it! :)

Kacey & Kandy said...

Love those shoes too! I almost bought the real ones the other day! So glad I didn't! We will be heading to Target today to get them! Hopefully the brown ones! LOL

Kacey

Stacy said...

Just a warning on those princess shoes. I bought them for Anya at Target and threw them away after her wearing them two times. She was bleeding from them rubbing the sides of her feet on her ankle bones. Maybe she just played too much in them?? Hopefully you don't have the same issue. :(

Those other ones are too cute, too. I know I love the brown, too, but I bought brown shoes last year and I think she wore them less than 10 times. I'm trying to be better with money these days! :)

Kori said...

OMG how cute are those I almost bought them at von mar - So cute I need to head to Tarsha HAHA! But with out My mr funny guy HAHA so i can get all colors too hehe! Great prices

Angel said...

Stacy, thanks for the heads up! I was worried about that too, but now for sure she'll be wearing socks with hers, all the time. She's doing well so far this morning (w/the socks of course).

The brown color was well picked over at the EP store. I happened to find ours because it was in a box labeled pink. Of course you can order them, but don't expect them to last long.

Jessica said...

Aren't those the cutest!?! Of course Grace went for the pink! :)

I SO love that Emily! You know I had to hide the glittery ones from Grace for like a month. Everytime we went to Target (which is a lot, LOL!) she would beg for the "pretty pink princess shoes, please mama". Finally gave them to her for valentine's and she just beamed from ear to ear.

Ahhh...little girly girls are just the sweetest!

Bootsie said...

Oh me I must run to Target immediately! I have been searching ebay for a steal on the Morgan and Milo ones to no avail since last winter when I spotted them in a boutique for 40+ Thanks for the insight :)