Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I heart golf

I mean I really really really LOVE it. Bet you didn't know that about me. I don't actually play it, I just watch it. But it's been years since I've been able to watch a tournament on the tele and I really miss it. I grew up spending Sunday afternoons watching golf with my dad. He played it all the time and tried to get me to as well. I have clubs, really nice ones. I've only used them once because I'm hopelessly, and completely athletically challenged. I can't dance either. The coordination just isn't there. I can't even clap and sing at the same time in church. I'm so missing out!

The girls don't know it yet, but tomorrow I'm going to try to watch the first day of the tournament. It's my plan to have it on while I sew and clean and they play together. Role-playing Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, taking turns being "strangers" or playing with their pretend baby wolves. Whatever their little hearts desire. As long as it's not hanging on me and saying with angry eyebrows "Mommy, I don't LIKE your shows!" Wish me luck...

Back in 2002, David and I had tickets to a practice round at Hazeltine. It's just 2 towns away and that's where they are playing again this week. *sigh* Here's a look back at our fun day 7 years ago. Seems like just yesterday!

I know, I know, the overalls. You can stop laughing now.
So grown-up at the age of 28. And oh my, the virgin eyebrows!

Photobucket

Nick Faldo and Ernie Els on the driving range

Photobucket

David Duvall, posing just for me. ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jim Furyk

Photobucket

Sergio Garcia, he had a huge following. Tiger wasn't there yet.

Photobucket

We got to see his famous "waggle."

Photobucket

He practiced with John Daly (in the red).

Photobucket

Jose Maria Olazabel. I just love saying his name.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite thing about these championship courses is the lush green grass.

Photobucket

We didn't mind the rain one bit. It was an excuse to buy a little PGA waterproof pullover. Too bad I was a size 4 back then and this XS will never fit again.

Photobucket

My favorite photo of the day, love all the colors.

Photobucket

I hope they're having fun without us.

2 comments:

Kacey & Kandy said...

I used to play golf in High School and got a scholarship to college playing golf! I played just two years of college, then partied the rest of the time!! LOL Since being married, having a full time job, then staying home with my kids, I haven't played a lick in so many years. I hope when Jack goes to kindergarten in 2 years, that I will be able to pick it up again!! My dad was (and still kinda sorta is) a pro golfer, playing in the US Open 2 times and the US Senior Open once!

Angel said...

Kacey, that is so neat! I'd like to try harder at it, I just need to be able to either play alone or with people more my speed. My friends that golf are all really good (one is a PGA trainer) so I feel awful making them wait for me while I'm in the trees somewhere or making my 10th shot (or worse). LOL What's your Dad's name?