Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quilt-Along Week Two

Photobucket

In about an hour, I was able to finish up week two of the quilt-along. Now I don't feel so behind and that's kinda nice. I've changed my mind again and the queen size quilt as back on. LOL I decided to add in the 3-4 prints I held back because I had thought there was too much green, orange and yellow. But I like it now with all of them together. The green in the top row, 4th in from the left was added, also the red floral in the upper left. And a couple more that I don't remember now. I've also got one more print coming in the mail and one I'll pick up tomorrow while the girls are at their last day of school. I've just been guesstimating how many yards I need for a queen, so i really need to sit down and do the math. I love math! It was my only "A" in college.

I'll have to order more fabric for the binding when the time comes. I had originally planned the zig zag stipe for that, but after a great suggestion from my week one post I'm seriously considering using the red/orange ditty. I think that will help anchor it better.

Week three has us sewing the strips together and creating our blocks. This I'm sure will take quite a bit more time and I hope to get started tonight.

3 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

That's come out just gorgeous !! Can't wait to see them sewn up and all together! Still waiting for my fabric...

Jenn said...

GORGEOUS...can you make one for me too :) :) :) Can't wait to see it all come together!

take a bow Jenn

Anna Fogg said...

Just found you on here....can I say that your colors are gorgeous!! So lively and bright and happy. I LOVE that line and I just have to get some of it. You'll catch up fast. I am helping2 friends to make their first quilt with this project and they are cruising along well fine. Got you on bloglines.com now so I can keep up with you. The Lord bless you and keep you, and make His face to shine upon you......
~anna, in md right near my hometown of DC