Friday, May 22, 2009

Rhubarb anyone?

Photobucket

Spring in Minnesota means rhubarb. And lots of it! I love that it reminds me of my childhood.

I made this to take to a friend's house last week. Isn't it purdy? I used about twice as much sugar when making the sauce, since my stalks weren't quite ripe enough. And I'll admit to adding a bit of red food coloring too, because the red and green stalks turned a bit gray when cooked.

More yummy rhubarb treats on my list to test.
By the way, www.tasteofhome.com is my new favorite recipe site. Go to recipes, then advanced search and you can type in the ingredients you have on hand, even ones you don't have, and it will bring up all the recipes that match (I'm the queen of run-on sentences, commas are my friends, see I just made this one even longer). It has been a dinner-saver on more than one occasion.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

This looks sooooooooooooo good!!! I love Taste of Home! 'Been using it quite a bit since I started menu planning a few months back. Their Kid-Pleasing Spaghetti (it's like a spaghetti bake) is one of our new favorites. The little pumpkin just gobbles it up!
~Jessica

Angel said...

Off to look up Kid-Pleasing Spaghetti. Thanks!

Angel said...

How did I miss their recipe box and grocery list before??? Thank you for mentioning "menu planning" it made me look more closely.