Saturday, May 23, 2009

Danish anyone?


Photobucket

Photobucket

TaDa! (punn intended)

Photobucket

I made a double batch thinking 4 wouldn't be enough for the 4 of us. Boy was I wrong! It was more than enough.

Things I would have done differently...

I squeezed a fresh lemon, and next time I will only add half the amount they call for. It was truly tasty, but almost too rich and sweet. You could even leave the lemon out and it would still be great. I didn't have peach preserves on hand so I used orange marmalade. I think that made it too too sweet. Next time I'll be sure to have peach or raspberry on hand.

I had to bake mine for about 10 minutes longer than the recipe says, but that made the jam spill over. I might even add the jam after they are cooked. The heat from the danish should make it spread plenty.

My girls both refused to take even one bite, preferring to just lick off the icing. They tend to be picky about new things.

These actually tasted even better cold. I should know, I ate the leftovers at 3am that night. Insomnia stinks! But sometimes it's yummy.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Now you're just teasing :) These look delish! Can I come over for some? he, he, he And I'm with you on the 3am snacks...I think if you're up at that time for whatever reason, you deserve a 4th meal!

Angel said...

Haha, yes! I agree, we deserve a 4th meal. Please come on up here. We've got great shopping (wink...wink). :)