Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spool Dollies

Photobucket

A very special family gave this sweet Spool Dollie family to the girls for a "big sister" gift, when Sam was born. I was blown away to open the box and find these among all the thoughtful goodies last November. I feel like I need to thank her all over again.
So thank you, thank you, thanking thoughtful you!

She must have seen this post 6 months earlier and remembered them. Wow!!! I'll admit that I haven't let the girls play with them unattended yet and I doubt I will any time soon or at least until they mature out of the destructive phase they (ahem, I mean one of them) are in right now.

The dolls, and even the cat and dog, are made from vintage thread spools. I love that! They are expertly covered and painted by Erica Daley over on Etsy. These would make really fun Easter basket treats for your little one. You can find them in her store here.

Photobucket

Love the weiner dog, so cute! And Mama even has an apron on.
Photobucket

3 comments:

ericadaley said...

Thank you for such beautiful photos of the dollies and for including me in your blog. I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the dolls!

little pumpkin grace said...

Awwww...I'm so glad you guys liked them :) It was so much fun putting the family together...trying to match up hair, eyes, size...so even if not an exact match I think it's a cute representation! I L-O-V-E aprons so you know the apron on "Mama Angel" was my favorite - he, he, he! And I'm so glad to know I'm not the only mama whose kids have toys that require supervision "for mama's sake" :O
~Jessica

Angel said...

You did a fantastic job Jessica! I especially love the girls piggies. :)