Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lambie gets a crown

maybe it's because I hadn't been feeling well all day...

maybe it's because I had just finished cleaning lemonade from the kitchen floor (all too reminicent of this time)...

maybe it's because I haven't been getting much sleep...

that somehow I chose laughter over crying.

You see, I had banished the girls to their playroom after ^ the above mentioned lemonade incident. Then came the ominous words spoken as Dave walked in the door "Honey, did you know the light in your sewing room is on?" followed by a little girl walking up the stairs saying "I am sorry Daddy" making me brace for the worst. Sure, it was bad. Embroidery floss all over the floor, the paper DMC numbers strewn about never to make it back to their homes, etc, etc...



But in the middle of it all was this...





Photobucket

I could barely supress my smile as I shooed the culprits out of the room explaining that "when you know what you are doing is wrong (hence the I am sorry before we even saw the mess), then you shouldn't do it at all." I don't think that lesson is sinking in.

When asked what they were doing in there..."Our lambies needed crowns." Can you really blame them? I think she looks kind a cute. Not so cute are the tiny needles I am still stepping on. I guess my childproof box isn't so childproof...neither are the door locks.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

LOL...oh the little rascals! Usually for me it's the cat getting into my bobbins and having them around everything. I think my kids stay away from my sewing since it is SO COLD in the basement right now. Of course, don't ask me where my measuring tapes are, the pink and the blue ones, they seem to disappear. ;)

little pumpkin grace said...

Ha, ha, ha - I'm laughing over their cuteness right now!! I know it's not so funny in the moment (esp. when you're cleaning it all up), but what can I say, out of the mouths of babes for sure!!

I know we've commiserated (sp?) over our little tornadoes before...my mom recently gave me an article that had advice for moms and in it there was this little excerpt from a grandpa's conversation with a young mom having one such moment with her kiddos, saying "these are the moments you'll always remember and the ones you'll wish for once they're grown" - words from a wise soul, I'm sure. Now if only I could think that way in the middle of cleaning up Grace's little escapades like her pee-peeing in my closet last night instead of in the potty ("but mama the floor was so cold")!!!!
~Jessica

Angel said...

Stacy, I still haven't cleaned up my bobbins from their last escapade. Not to mention the pencil sharpenings they dumped in my sewing drawer, mixed with the bobbins. Ugh!

Jessica, I figured you'd get a chuckle out of this one. Oh and I hope Grace's alternate potty spot wasn't into any of your awesome shoes. Oh my, that could be very BAD!

I love that saying too and try to remind myself everyday, that some day I will look back and long for these days.

~Angel

Paula Prass said...

How cute! I'm sure your rascals want to do all that mommy does in there. Sure made me smile.