Monday, December 22, 2008

Quadruple Bypass Today

He made it through and is in the waking up process. They were only able to do 3 of the 4 bypasses, but evidently the one that they couldn't do was the least important. Thank you for your prayers!
Photobucket

As I write this, it's 9:45 am and my Dad has been in surgery since 8am. He is having quadruple bypass this morning. Originally we were told it would be a triple bypass, but one of his veins needs it in two places. His surgeon expects it to take about four hours.

Please say a prayer for my Dad and for the wisdom and accuracy of the surgeon and his team. I too am sick now, so I'm unable to wait at the hospital with my mom and Grandma today. I'm so disappointed, but the last thing I want to do is get any of them sick and then pass it on to my Dad. Hopefully we will all be better by Christmas and can visit him then.

Last night my dad called to tell all of us that he loves us. It's been 6 weeks since he's seen the girls, having not wanted to cause him any extra stress or get him sick. He said he asked my mom to drive him over and let him just look at the girls through the window. How sweet is that! He got to talk to both of them as they were getting ready to read the Bible with Daddy last night and he got to hear each of them say they love him and miss him. I know he was feeling a little worried (even though he said he wasn't), I could hear it in his voice. I will be so glad to receive the next call saying he's done and doing well.

5 comments:

little pumpkin grace said...

Our prayers are lifting him up this morning, as well as the entire surgery team.
(((Hugs)))
~Jessica
P.S. Hope you feel better soon too!

Kori said...

Prayers for your dad!

Hope you are all feeeling beter soon- Did you all get the Flu shot?

Kaci told me as soon as we left school that Emily and allison were not at school hehe! How cute they notice such cute little things- They were missed :) Hope you have some good feeling vibes coming your way!

Marcia said...

Many prayers for him this evening...glad to hear he made it through and I'll pray that the recovery goes well for him and that this will be the end of it.

Prayers for you too (and your family) that you will get well enough to see him and enjoy Christmas.

Merry 1st Christmas to your sweet Samuel too!!
~Marcia

stellarose said...

I too have been praying that your dad's broken heart will be mended and that he is back on his feet in no time. I am sure that he wants nothing more than to see his adorable grandkids.

Merry Christmas!
Amy

Jessica said...

Read this post again with a big lump in my throat thinking of him driving by to see the girls through the window. Praying LOTS for his well-being in this new battle.