Tuesday, November 4, 2008

time to vote

In a couple fo hours I will be entering our polling place with my girls in tow. When I explained to Allison our agenda for the day she didn't understand the word President, so she asked if we were getting "presents" for her. I like the way she thinks! But I am sure she will be disappointed.

Speaking of disappointment...Dave and I will be glued to Fox cable news tonight hoping for a miracle. But the way things look right now, I'm sure we will be disappointed in tonights results. A good reminder for us all is that no matter how you vote, our country will be ok. The greatest crisis in the world today is not economics, or national security, it's the heart of man and the plight of the un-born. And there is only one King who has the power to change that. He does not need our vote, he reigns supreme and one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of all. I like to keep things in perspective.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Amen, Angel! Excellent words for today! God IS still sovereign! I love your blog and all your cute clothing creations. May God continue to bless all your efforts!

Beth from Colorado

Stacy said...

Oh yes, we will be glued to Fox News, as well, hoping for a miracle. Wine at the ready. ;)

Although, in reality I don't think McCain would be able to do anything to change the current status of abortions. The Dems hold too many seats and their are Republicans that are pro-choice holding seats, too. The best we can do is educate others of the *real choice* they are making.

Lula Bee Boutique said...

Yes, Angel I am feeling the disappointment this morning too even though I knew it was coming. Honestly, I don't know what any politican can do anymore as it is the hearts of man that are the reason we are in this place. I have a feeling we are forever going to be in the minority on this earth. All we can do is be true to His word. :) Allison