Thursday, November 6, 2008

Introducing...

Photobucket

Samuel David Eagen
Born at 12:27 pm
8 lbs 10 oz
21" long

And he is PERFECT!

He has Allison's face shape and hairline, and Emily's lips and chin. And the longest toes I have ever seen. His weight and length are exactly the same as his daddy's were. Just think how much bigger our Sam would have been if I had made it to next Friday! Nursing is going perfectly and everything just seems so much less stressful this time around.

The girls stopped by for their first visit this afternoon. They are completely enamored with him. They got to sing him Happy Birthday, eat cupcakes and both received a new book from Sam ("If you Take a Mouse to School" and "If you Give a Cat a Cupcake").

Allison's comments:
He's heavy
I singing to my brother
I tell stories to my brother
And she gave him lots of kisses

Emily's comments:
He has soap on hims
He needs a bath
And she sang "Hush Little Baby" to him

I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. I had been in labor since 6pm last night. I'm so glad I was able to make it until morning before going to the Hospital because David got to have a good nights sleep and I managed to get 3 hours in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

15 comments:

Clara said...

Hi is so handsome!!! Congratulations!!!!! Get some rest!!!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Congratulations sweetie. Job well done! He's beautiful. Big sisters seem delighted. And I'm so happy that "dad" will get the son-experience. We were blessed with two daughters and two sons. What fun!!! : )
M.L.

Debbie said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!!! Congrats Angel!! He's absolutely adorable!!!!

Hugs!!!

little pumpkin grace said...

Yeaaaaayyy, a BOY!!!! I was secretly hoping for a boy for you guys. You must be thrilled (esp. Dave :)!! He's gorgeous and the girls look so sweet holding him. Glad to hear everything is going A+! Get some well-deserved rest! CONGRATS Eagen's!!!
~Lance, Jessica, & Grace

P.S. Grace was looking at the screen while eating breakfast and said, "baby tiny...baby cute" :)

stellarose said...

Ohhhhh! A boy!!! I am so happy for you. My mom always said that my sister had the longest toes ever since the day she was born and she ended up being 5 feet 9 inches tall. I am thinking basketball is in little Samuel's future! Enjoy every single minute!

Amy

Stacy said...

Congratulations Angel! He is a beautiful baby boy. Definitely get some rest now and enjoy that wonderful newborn stage (though it is so tiring!).

jona said...

Perfection!! Congratulations on your beautiful boy! He's going to be so much fun (boys are wacky crazy)!

Take it easy and don't try to take on too much!

Sarah said...

Congrats Dave and Angel. I have to say that I stared at the photo for a second before looking at his name, and I totally guessed he was a boy, he is just so handsome!
Sarah Wolfe

Kori said...

ALL BOY! Congrats guys!

Lula Bee Boutique said...

Oh Yea!!!! He is just beautiful Angel and so are you!! Now that is a proud Daddy pic in there too. I am so happy for you!!!

Allison

crochetdlane said...

O he is PERFECT!!! What a precious baby boy!!! The girls look so excited!!! Love their big sis shirts! Congrats to you all!!!

Hugs!
Lindsay

allforthekidds said...

Angel congratulations to you and your family. He is so beautiful, I am beyond happy for you guys:)))

April

Hollis Bay Studios said...

YEAH! He's so beautiful! and his big sisters look so happy. Congratulations!

-Bridgette

Shealynn Benner said...

Congratulations!!

bLaSk said...

oh my goodness! congrats!!! The family is beautiful! I can't believe how big the girls have got, they are soooo adorable!!!