Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I can't believe I'm doing this...

Photobucket

Inspired by a recent post by fabric and pattern designer Lila Tueller, Chelsea of Vintage Chic Boutique is having a "Messiest Creative Space Contest." I hope this doesn't burst anyone's opinion of me by seeing my sewing room in all it's glory. You may be thinking, "Wow...how can all those cute things come from THAT!?!?!?"

Well, in my defense, I've reached the point in my pregnancy where it's much more difficult to bend over and pick things up from the floor. Of course that doesnt' explain the pile of fabric in New Baby's crib. That's just me having finished a very detailed applique project that required a zillion different colors and I prefer to refold them all at the end. Hmmm...it's the end, I better get folding.

I'd like to say that I still clean-up between every new project (I used to), but this is the mess that the past 5 projects has created. I do have to say that I'm lucky I can even see the floor at this point. Since I only have 5 weeks left before New Baby's arrival, and a list a mile long of sewing projects, I plan to take time this week-end to clean the room since my sewing machine is currently in the shop. I will admit that I removed the bevy of dirty dishes, that look more like science projects at this point, before snapping a few pics. So without further excuses or explanations, here it is (shudder)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you too would like to throw caution to the wind, and let it all hang out, visit Chelsea's blog to enter her contest. I hope I have at least made someone else feel better about their mess. Oh and...the rest of my house? Spotless of course! ;)

11 comments:

little pumpkin grace said...

I must confess I feel a twinge of guilt since I bet my project contributed to your creative space chaos ;)...but the result was absolutely, positively GORGEOUS! Now, if I could find a good excuse for the mess on my dining room table (also known as my creative project holding spot)...he, he, he!
~Jessica

Angel said...

I thought for sure I would scare you to death with these pics. LOL But when I get in the creative mood, I just can't be bothered with cleaning. I started out on the dining table too. ;)

~Angel

Chelsea said...

Oh wow! Your's is looking pretty good! I've had weeks go by where I couldn't see the floor:)

Chelsea

Lila Tueller said...

OOOOOO! This one is really good! I feel as though I have met my kindred spirit in the flesh! Nice work, and keep it up!

Creative people cannot also be anal...unless they are seriously conflicted and deranged. Hense, the overabundance of truly creative and very messy people in BLOGWORLD!

Angel said...

Well believe it or not I used to be super organized, neat freak. A place for everything, and everything in it's place. But that was before I had kids and found my creative passion in sewing. Now there is just not enough time to do everything I'd like to do, so I've let the little things (and sometimes big things) go. I don't think we can have ti "all" all of the time.

Kori said...

OH good too see your mess LOL You may now come into my sewing room when you come to visit and I am not obligated to clean HEHE! Hope you are feeling well!

Jenn said...

Well you wouldn't want to stifle the creativity by stopping to clean would you?? I don't even try to keep mine clean while I'm inspired. I save the clean-up for rainy days when there is nothing better to do :)

Glad to see I'm not alone!

take a bow Jenn

Island Girl said...

Love it! I think it's worse than mine. ;)

Lula Bee Boutique said...

Hee Hee Hee! So are you going to start you little bean off with a love of fabric early by storing it in the crib????

SweetDreamsDesigns said...

My favorite is the box of Teddy Grahams on the decorative shelf! Don't be ashamed - really - I agree that anyone with any sense of creativity is BOUND to make a mess! My sewing room goes through days upon days when I can barely walk through it. My husband walks by and just shakes his head! Good luck with the New Baby and Tada Creations!

Anna

Angel said...

Thanks Anna! Hehehe, I checked after I took those pics and the Teddy Grahams box was EMPTY. My waste basket was overflowing, so no room for it. I'm just glad I can close the door! This used to be in our bedroom. And now it looks much worse today since I whipped up an impromptu outfit yesterday. I'll blog it later today.