Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Murphy's Landing

We've been wanting to visit Historic Murphy's Landing for years now and finally did a couple of Saturdays ago. It's just on the other side of the river from us, on the way to my favorite quilt shop (we went there too). The girls especially loved driving past the rollercoasters at Valley Fair several times too. We were excited to find that Murphy's Landing reminded us a lot of Williamsburg, VA. Having it practically in our backyard is a real treat. I'm sure we'll be back many times over the years.

Here are my faovrite photos from the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The girls loved the horse and cart ride we took to get to the old town.
Allie kept asking if these were her horsies.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I just loved this house.
There was the sweetest white picket fence surrounding it too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Okay, you just reminded me that I wanted to go there this summer. Great shots of the day. Are the bugs bad?? I heard that they have a tendency to be bad there. What quilt shop do you go to?

TaDa! Creations said...

You should definately go. I don't remember seeing a single bug that day, but it was very hot out. Bring lots of water. The consession stand leaves a lot to be desired. We also plan to visit again in Dec. They say it's gorgeous for the holidays and they have lots of week-end entertainment.

I shop at Eagle Creek Quilt shop in the old train depot in Shakopee, just off of the main downtown road (extension of 101?) and Scott Street. I spoke at their shop back in April about making children's clothes (I have a blog post about it somewhere back there). It's a charming not so little shop. They have Anna Maria's new line in and I hear they are getting Sandi's Farmer's Market too.

~Angel