Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dancing Kitties

I have a lot of catching up to do. After being sick for 2 weeks with a sinus infection and double ear infection (me, not the kiddos), then having Dave home for a week f vacation to work on projects (another one is scheduled for August), I just haven't been able to keep up with computer stuff. To all those I owe an e-mail too (Amy, Michelle & Jessica come to mind), I apologize. It's on the way hopefully yet today.

Last week my Dear Aunt Bonnie passed away after a year and a half battle with breast cancer. I was able to visit her just two days before she passed, but seeing her like that really threw me. She was 53 and my own Mother was 34 (my age now) when she died of the same thing. I thought I was ok with it all until seeing Bonnie. The way she had changed so much, made me realize that my own 6 year old little girl memories weren't accurate. It was quite a shock to realize that my Mother had gone through the same changes and suffering and at such a young age. Anyway, I ended up not even being able to go to the funeral, instead I stayed in bed most of the day crying. I just couldn't be around other people. I feel horrible about it now, but at the time it was the only decision I could make.

On a happier note...we had a quick rain shower the other day so I ushered the girls out the door to find some puddles to splash in. By the time we found our boots and raincoats the rain had stopped and the sun came back out. They had lots of fun splashing around though!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have also decided to list a few of my "best sellers" from last year's creations this summer. They are all full of detail (applique and/or hand embroidery). I should have known I couldn't stay away completely. Hehehe.

Photobucket

My Raggedy Ann sets are ending this Thursday (told you I was behind, I should have told you all about that here last week!). Sign up for my Newsletter so you don't miss the next two I'll be listing later this month.

4 comments:

Lula Bee Boutique said...

Oh Angel, I am so sorry about your aunt. I can only imagine how hard that has been for you to deal with. Sending you some ((((hugs))))). And... I saw your listings the other day and thought to myself "Ahha! I knew she couldn't stay away!". And of course you have bids too! Woohoo! Can't wait to see what's next!

allison

little pumpkin grace said...

Oh, Angel,
I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt and your mother. How difficult that must have been for you. The following passage comes to mind, "When you walk down the road, heavy burden, heavy load, I will rise and I will walk with you and comfort you." My heart goes out to you. You are in my prayers :)
~Jessica

Kori said...

Prayers to you and your family- Hugs hun- P.s. LOVE Those sets! too cute! Hope you are feeling better too!

Kori

TaDa! Creations said...

Thanks ladies! I greatly appreciate your prayers.

((HUGS))
Angel