Saturday, May 24, 2008

Oh Deer!

Looking out our living room window I saw an unexpected sight on Friday afternoon. A Momma and Baby deer were sauntering through our backyard. I was able to open the sliding glass door and sit on my kitchen floor and enjoy the show. I don't think Momma noticed me until the last photo. I've heard that they come to visit often, but have only seen them a few times in the 9 years we have lived here. We have cetainly seen their mischeif when they ate all the corn and tomatoes that we planted in our tiny veggie paradise though.

We live about a mile up from the MN River Valley where they live full time, and I'm always surprised to see them darting across a road, or like today, wandering the neighborhood in broad daylight with plenty of noise and people around. This Momma and Bambi look-alike are welcome back anytime. I just wish the girls had been awake to see them. They did get to see the fox that came to visit a couple of weeks ago.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

OMG, the baby dear is just darling!! What an amazing site right outside of your window!
Lesa

Erin said...

What a sweet thing to see so close up!!!