Saturday, May 3, 2008

Finger Lickin' Good Cake

I know everything is always my favorite, so I'll just say that this is my "current" favorite. I LOVE this cake and it is super easy to make. The girls gobble it up too. This one just reminds me of summer. Probably becuase of the 4th of July that my cousins from MS were all in town and I made it 2 days in a row. It was a huge hit with my cousin Jesse!

Cake
1 pkg yellow cake mix
11 oz can mandarin oranges undrained (15 oz can works too)
1 stick butter melted
¼ C vegetable oil
4 lg eggs
juice drained from 8 oz can crushed pineapple
Frosting
12 oz cool whip thawed
3.4 oz pistachio instant pudding mix
8 oz can crushed pineapple drained

Preheat oven to 350; grease and flour pan. Mix all cake ingredients except pineapple juice. About 3 minutes on medium, oranges should be broken up. Pour into 9x13 pan or 2 9” round cake pans. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Then while cake is still warm, poke holes all over and drizzle with pineapple juice. Then combine frosting ingredients until well combined and pudding mix has dissolved. Frost cake after it has completely cooled. Enjoy!

4 comments:

little pumpkin grace said...

This is one YUMMY cake!!! Thanks for the recipe, Angel!
~Jessica

TaDa! Creations said...

Yea...I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm itching to make it again. :)

~Angel

Delores said...

I made this Cake Mix Doctor cake as a Christmas present to my co-workers and they absolutely loved it!!!

Jesse said...

I LOVE THIS CAKE!! I just looked everywhere for the recipe and luckily came across your page.
-Cousin Jesse