Friday, March 7, 2008

A Crib For Three

Last week I was lamenting the fact that we no longer have a rocking chair in the girls bedroom (much needed storage space took it's place) and the nearest couch is surrounded by toys, so that's counter-productive for a bedtime routine. The girls are still in cribs, so it's not like we can all curl up on a bed to read stories, sing songs, talk, cuddle and pray each night. So...I decided to climb in with them! And they loved it!

The mere mention of it at dinnertime is greeted with squeals of delight and they quikly finish eating to trot off to bed. Besides the great bonding time and songs by request (last night it was Mary Poppins and Winnie the Pooh), I figure it's good practice for camping this summer which we are sure to do. The other night A didn't want me to get out, she keept trying to put the covers back over me as I was leaving. And last night when A was scooped up and taken back to her bed, E threw her arms around my neck as we said our prayers. These are the moments I will remember for ever.

Here's our happy little nest. If it looks odd to you, it's becasue we bought crib tents that fit inside the crib and under the mattress with a zip up tent on top (thus the practice for camping I mentioned). I must say it has been a great investment into the continuation of the much needed afternoon nap!



Photobucket

2 comments:

bLaSk said...

I LOVE this!!! It is the cutest Idea yet!! I might give it a try, when my hubby isn't home to make fun of me... although Lil man would probably throw me out of his crib...hahaha!

Angel said...

hehehe...I say go for it! A friend of mine tried it too. She thought she'd be too tall to get in there but was just fine and loved it. :) Who couldn't use more snuggle time, they grow up so fast!

~Angel